Friday, March 18, 2011

...It's been too long...













It's been way too long since we've posted. I suppose this is mainly due to the fact that last year was really crazy with different job offers, moving within a month, and random other things. Besides those reasons Tim is usually the one who blogs; I post pictures and that's about it.

Since then Tim has started his own blog called C
ode Flakes, which he started about the time gmail added it's buzz feature. Here is the link: http://timkellogg.blogspot.com/2011/03/unit-testing-databases-with-nhibernate.html. He's definitely more dedicated to blogging than I am, but I think that has something to do with the fact that he has an exam
coming up next week. It's apparently a great way to
procrastinate, but I didn't say that ;0


The first week we were in CO, literally the day after we had moved everything into our apartment, we took and went on a camping adventure. It was literally that we left with our camping gear, and a map, and a campground guide. No forethought other than the desire to destressify our lives before Tim started his new job the following week. It was a lot of fun and yes,
was well worth ignoring the pile of boxes waiting for us on our return.

The pictures you're seeing are first from the move. My parents, john, and jeremiah were all huge help with the loading of the truck and heather, dad, john came down to CO with us and helped us unload.




The first camping pictures were taken at a campground in the Breckenridge area. We were lucky enough to snag the last camping spot that day much to the dismay of all those who took a little too long checking the area out.... We then meandered our way to Mueller State Park. While very different than mountain camping it was very nice and I didn't freeze at night. We took a short hike on a nature trail designed for kids...it was actually quite fun; we did other hiking of course.
Then we decided to check out Pike's Peak. We drove to the top after stopping at a donut shop and sharing probably the largest cinnamon roll we've both ever seen. Mom, you'd hate the drive. Since we were so close we stopped in at the Garden of the God's. The pic is of the kissing camels.
Well I was attempting to arrange the pictures, but they are refusing to cooperate, oh well. And, yes, that is Bigfoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment