Monday, April 18, 2011

Just Around the Corner

This past Saturday Tim and I spent the morning working through taxes. It was a chore to be sure, but mainly because we had to file as partial year residents in CO, which means more paperwork. All in all it wasn't so bad and after spending the morning inside we decided to head outdoors.

We were also staying indoors because I'm pretty sure we have a strep infestation going on. Tim's going to the doctor today, so we will find out what's been plaguing him. All that aside though we still felt the need to enjoy at least part of the day.
About a mile from where we live, it's literally just around the corner, there is an open space area. This space contains the Heatherwood Trail, Walden Ponds, and Sawhill Ponds. We started on the Heatherwood Trail which follows Boulder Creek until you wrap around the back of the water treatment plant. At this point the trail meets up with Walden Ponds and the trail diverges in many directions. We chose to follow the path around the perimeter of all the ponds which eventually meant we'd end up at the Sawhill Ponds.




It was a really nice afternoon, but a bit windy. If you would like I can fill you in on all of the clouds we saw as I am in the process of tracking the weather for a two week period. We saw a lot of people out fishing, although it didn't seem like many of them were having much luck. This area is also good for people wanting to bird watch or for photographers. You could tell it was spring though by all of the wildlife that was out and about. I'll post pictures later, I'm recharging the batteries for our camera. I didn't get that many, however, because the batteries died about 2 miles into our walk. This was of course right before you definitely wanted to pull out the camera and get some really nice shots.

Next weekend we'll hopefully be feeling better and be able to proceed with our original hiking plans; Green Mountain:)

No comments:

Post a Comment